Given the important role Audiologists play in public health, Audiologists are considered an essential service during the current climate. Hearing and communicating well is crucial in day-to-day life, perhaps more so now than ever.
As a small business, we really do value you and want to continue providing the best expert individualised care we can during these unprecedented times.
What we are doing in the clinic
- Anyone who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days or have had direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not permitted in the clinic.
- Hands are washed thoroughly before and after every patient.
- Hand sanitizer is available as you arrive and throughout the clinic.
- During your appointment, only single use devices will be used where possible.
- Single use devices will be disposed of in a bin that has a covered top that can be opened by a foot pedal.
- If a reusable speculum must be used, it will be one speculum per ear, per patient.
- All Specula will be cleaned using ultrasonic cleaners for at least 10 minutes, as per the recommended time, with medical grade detergent.
- All hard services are cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant/ethanol between patients.
- Your audiology appointment will be conducted with as minimal contact where possible.
What alternatives are available to you
If you wear hearing aids:
- Phone or online follow up appointments are available.
- Counselling and communication training via phone or online is available
If you don’t have hearing aids, but have concerns with your hearing:
- Complete our online hearing test. Click here
- Book in for an online free “Time and Talk” appointment, or for a more in-depth appointment, book in for a paid 30min “Online Hearing Consultation”.
NOTE: The Online Hearing Consultation appointment can be for you and your communication partner– if you are in the same house, more than 1 person can attend, in fact we recommend it!
If you are finding your tinnitus more difficult to manage during this heightened stressful time:
- Book in for an online free “Time and Talk” appointment
- For a more in-depth appointment, book in for a paid 45min “Online Tinnitus Consultation”.
Stay safe and well – we are here for you during this challenging time!