At your first appointment with us, we:
- Encourage you to bring along your spouse, family member or close friend – someone you often speak with because your hearing loss impacts them as well.
- Chat with you about how you are currently managing your hearing loss along with any concerns you or the person accompanying you, are experiencing. We’ll also discuss your lifestyle, your priorities and your hopes for improvement.
- Look inside your ears and remove any wax that may be impacting your ability to hear. For some people, this simple process can make conversations easier to follow.
- Examine your middle ear to check your ear drum is working properly and investigate the possibility of any fluid build-up which again can impact your hearing abilities.
- Measure the tones you can hear across a range of different frequencies.
- Complete speech testing in both quiet and noisy environments so we can distinguish how clearly you can understand speech.
After this initial examination, we’ll explain our findings to you and send a full report for your GP.